Friday Jan,18 Weekly Reflection
- Played math games ( Differenceand War and I wish I had ) to help us increase our subtraction fact fluency.
- Begin a new math routine called ,"Skills for Success"where students work on math skills at their level then take a small skills quiz to prove they understand the concept. Then they move up to the next harder skill to practice and quiz.For students that can be they haved mastered of grade three level skills ( adding subtracting to 3 digits with regrouping )they can move beyond into multiplying and dividing skills.
- Practice applying our problem-solving skills with, " hot chocolate"related math problems. We continued to look for clues words and find the best strategy to help solve the problem( make an organization list, guess and check, etc. )
- We continued with our Literacy routines of Word work ,Journals and Literacy Center activities .
- Read the Mystery of the Rainforest, where we continued to practice our close reading skills and tried to solve the mystery .
- Begin reading Magic Tree House Adventure ,Buffaloes Before Breakfast as a read aloud . We are looking for clues as we read and are practicing our good reading strategies ( visualizing,questioning, connecting, inferring, predicting, summarising ). The book ties in with our Social studies learning about First Nations culture. We are picturing what life was like and how people met their basic needs and wants 200 hundred years ago.
- Played games in the Gym and participated in the school-wide fitness Friday as our on fitness Friday .